aerofabb Rear Wing Kit (Comp Series) - MQB 2.0T (Mk7+ GTI-R-GTD)
PLEASE ALLOW AN 8-12 WEEK LEAD TIME
Often Imitated, Never Duplicated.
Let us preface by boldly stating this is NOT a universal product, but rather handcrafted to fit the Volkswagen MK7/MK7.5 GTI - Golf R - GTD accurately and specifically. Isn't that such a refreshing statement? Gone are the days of universal parts that yield lackluster results. This product DOES NOT fit the standard Golf TSI or TDI.
- Installation Guide
- 54" 6061 T6 Wing Element
- 6061 T6 Billet Aluminum Airfoil Mounts
- 6061 T6 Billet Aluminum Uprights
- 5052 Upper Hatch Mounting Bracket
- 5052 Lower Hatch Mounting Brackets
- AoA Adjustable End Plates
- Stainless Metric Torx Hardware
- Loctite Threadlock
- Pre-installed CNC precision knife cut Foam Pads on both Airfoil and Hatch Mounts
- Weighing in at 17.3lbs
GOOD TO KNOWS!
- Fits Years 2015-2021 (GTI, Golf-R, Rabbit, GTD)
- Wing Element comes with Billet Mounts pre installed
- Height measuring in at 1" above tallest point of roof line
- Trailing edge measuring 3.125" from rear bumper
- 4.8lbs lighter than our previous gen
- Reduce oversteer and increase stability at higher speeds
- Combat a stiffer suspension set up
- Reduce braking distance
- AoA adjustability 0-12deg in increments of 2deg
- CFD and FEA validated
- CNC precision machined mounts and brackets
- CNC precision press brake bent brackets
- Most innovative and least intrusive mounting system available
- Beautiful and Durable Powder Coat finish
We Are Innovators
aerofabb ® is proud to say that we are the first to develop a fully functional Rear Wing Kit for the MK7/MK7.5 GTI-R-GTD with such a unique design and mounting system.
Rear Wing Kit Construction
The aerofabb ® Competition Series Rear Wing Kit is constructed from precision CNC machined 6061 T6 Billet Aluminum Uprights and Airfoil Mounts which are finished in a smooth and durable matte black powder coat. Both the Airfoil and lower Hatch Mounts feature pre-attached precision CNC knife cut foam mounting pads to reduce vibration, eliminate any metal on paint contact, and create a weather proof seal.
The Upper Hatch Mounting bracket fits in place of the OEM third brake light without modification to the OEM Spoiler. This design choice while sleek and innovative, was also the LEAST intrusive and most secure mounting approach vs other offerings. We have developed a minimal plug-n-play third brake light replacement if you wish to run one. You can select this option at checkout or purchase separately HERE. (also works with previous gen Rear Wing Kit)
The Wing Element is a rigid, lightweight, 6061 T6 Aluminum airfoil with a span of 54" and a chord length of approximately 10", finished in a lightly textured, durable, matte black powder coat.
The endplates are constructed from a U.S made, High-Impact Plastic which comes in a durable, lightly textured, Matte Black Finish.
Countersunk Stainless Steel Metric Torx hardware is used throughout the kit to securely mount and fasten all components together. Durable and weatherproof black plastic washers are utilized on the Wing Elements AoA adjustment points to eliminate marring of the powder coated finish.
Depending on your current aero, suspension set-up/rake, or track of choice, aerofabb ® gives you AoA adjustability on both the Wing Element and Endplates from 0-12deg in increment of 2deg.
CFD Optimized Aerodynamics
Using ANSYS Fluent Software for CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) we were able to optimize our design and validate its functionality. Our FEA validated, 6061 T6 Billet Aluminum Swan Neck Uprights support the wing from above, leaving the low pressure zone smooth and free of any interference. (More data with vehicle modeled will be released once our Competition Series Front Splitter is complete)
LINK: RealWorld Testing at VIR (VW Racers Blog 10min Read) (Previous gen model shown in write up)
FEA Optimized Mounting System
FEA (Finite Element Analysis) software was used to reduce weight and validate that the mounting components where still able to maintain the load, stress, and stability needed to function properly. A weight of 5.7lbs was shaved moving to this revised bracket system vs our previous gen.
We Also Recommend
aerofabb Front Triangle Window Filler - MQB 1.8T/2.0T (VW Mk7+ - Golf + Sportwagen/Alltrack)