Red Line Manual Transmission Oil Cocktail (VW)
Finance for as low as $/week with Learn More
This Red Line Oil Cocktail contains;
1 Quart - Red Line Lightweight ShockProof® (58404)
2 Quart - Red Line MT-LV 70W/75W GL-4 Gear Oil (50604)
Transmission Fill Capacity Approximately 2.3L. When changing fluid start with the ShockProof and top off with the remaining Gear Oil.
Due to the increased oil viscosity, cold weather, and cold fluid temperature shifting may be more difficult or notchy until the fluid comes up to temperature.
For Newer 02Q Transmissions with NO Fill Plug. You will need to fill the transmission via the shift tower or by removing the reverse switch and using a funnel with a hose attachment. ALWAYS make sure you can access a fill point before draining the transmission.
MT-LV 70W/75W GL-4 Gear Oil
- Popular in Toyota/Lexus LF 75W, BMW X-Drive and other transfer cases transfer cases calling for Shell TF0870
- Recommended for Mercedes 235.10, Dodge/Fiat BOT 350 M3, GM BOT 303 mod, Toyota/Scion Manual Transmissions Gear Oil LV, VW/Audi and BOT270A Graziano Transaxle for Aston Martin, Audi & Lamborghini.
- Offers quicker shifts, a perfect synchronizer coefficient of friction
- Safe for brass synchros, as it lacks the reactive sulfurs found in most GL-5 oils that cause damage
- High performance gear protection and longer synchro life
- Eliminates notchy shifting, even when cold
- Low fluid friction to improve power transfer
- Satisfies the gear oil viscosity requirements of 70W & 75W
- Recommended for GL-1, GL-3 and GL-4 applications as well as where most special synchromesh fluids are specified
- Film thickness greater than an SAE 75W140, yet low fluid friction like 80W gear oil or 30W motor oil
- Excellent low-temp flow, improved cold shifting
- For racing differentials under moderate loads
- Popular in racing transmissions like Hewland and other Road Racing dog-ring boxes, Bert and Brinn for Stock Cars, G-Force and Liberty clutchless for Drag Racing
When replacing the clutch or servicing your Manual Transmission Volkswagen, it may be best to replace the factory transmission oil with a performance oriented fluid.
Factory VW Transmission oil is rather thin, and while great at low temperatures to promote smooth shifting it may not be up to the task of continual abuse.
Changing your Transmission Oil to this Red Line Cocktail should also help cut down on unwanted gear rattle noise from the transmission as well as protect it on those harder shifts.
We Also Recommend